Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

We are excited to announce that a full Forum system upgrade is under way, which will make it even easier to get answers to your questions, help other owners by using your boating experience, and receive dependable advice from our network of experts. While things may look and operate a little differently, we believe the new system will ultimately improve your Forum Member experience.

We are doing everything we can to transition your account smoothly without you having to change your current login, username or password. You should be able to get into your account exactly the same way once the transition takes place. However, if you have any questions or comments, please leave a comment in the General Discussions category.

We look forward to sharing new features with you as we upgrade and improve your Owner's Club Forum experience!

leaking Pontoons

Hi I need to access drain plugs on top of my pontoons anyone have any ideas I have a 2600twin tri toon with aluminum underbelly

Thanks

·

Comments

• Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Posts: 165Member admin
    @hubleytwin ... what's the model/year? 
    ·
  • hubleytwinhubleytwin Posts: 3Member
    2005 2600 twin tritoon Sanpan
    ·
  • dodgerdodger Posts: 12Member
    We contacted the dealers as we had some in our center tube.  They sent us to a welding shop that does their warrentty work.  Got it done, used an approved shop, all is well.  We had lower drains put in all three tubes at our own expense and it was very reasonable. We know where they are and can drain them at the end of every season before the freezing cold sets in.
    ·
  • tech1200tech1200 Posts: 4Member
    I only have two toons... but can imagine how a tri-toon would be difficult.

Lower drains are nice but mine (09 Sweetwater) has a keel on each log (angle aluminum running whole length of log) which complicates where to put a bung. I use an ~$8 siphon pump from walmart. Go in through the top access bung of each log compartment. Takes about 8 minutes to siphon 5 gallons out. I'm sort of obsessive so once the cheap siphon cannot pickup anymore, I use a west marine crankcase pump (used for I/O's to remove old oil). It works the same way but has a smaller stiff tube which allows me to get most if not all of the water out. 
    ·
  • 240sd240sd Posts: 2Member

where is toon leaking, funny how are 50k poontoon boats  dont gave a couple of 10 dollar drain plugs  and not foam filled .   you  can presurize toon lightly through vent  and locate leak and repaire

·